Wirsz is a nationally recognized real estate expert who has been recognized by members of the U.S. Senate, U.S. Congress, Nevada state government, and has been featured on numerous national television networks including CNBC, NBC, and Fox News.
But today, we go a little off-script and go deep on business philosophy.
Wirsz has been a real estate investor and investment manager in many areas across the United States, which includes commercial and residential assets, development and office projects, and industrial properties.
Wirsz was awarded the prestigious “Young Entrepreneur of the Year” award by the Small Business Administration in 2007.
Wirsz is also a an accomplished author of the books Maverick Millionaire and Become Incredible, both of which are available on Amazon and where books are sold. You can find him on Twitter (@JordanWirsz), at his personal website JordanWirsz.com, and on his company website Savant Investments.
In this episode with Jordan Wirsz you’ll learn:
- About Jordan’s first business deal (3:40)
- About Jordan’s first failed investment (5:12)
- How Jordan opened his company, “Extreme Aviation” (6:31)
- Attitudes on persevering after failed investments. (8:55)
- About Jordan’s mentality of responsibility after going through a large failed investment (11:44)
- Jordan’s thoughts of the risks of leading an expensive lifestyle (15:59)
- Tips from Jordan for first time entrepreneurs (20:18)
- How to build relationships with people through the work that you do (24:59)
- Responding to emails promptly is key to gaining trust from investors (26:30)
- How to be more organized and increase productivity (27:30)
- Practice is more important than technology (29:17)
- Motivation without knowledge can be hurtful (32:05)
- Why quality is greater than quantity in terms of learning (34:22)
- Why separating your business time from your leisure time is important (37:17)
- The importance of “recharging” every now and again. (40:25)
- Jordan’s published books (45:05)
These show notes were originally posted on Powderkeg
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
This episode of Powderkeg is brought to you by DeveloperTown. If you’re a business leader trying to turn a great idea into a product with traction, this is for you.
DeveloperTown works with clients ranging from entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 companies who want to build and launch an app or digital product. They’re able to take the process they use with early stage companies to help big companies move like a startup.
So if you have an idea for a web or mobile app, or need help identifying the great ideas within your company, go to developertown.com/powderkeg.
If you like this episode, please subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes. You can also follow us on Soundcloud or Stitcher. We have an incredible lineup of interviews we’ll be releasing every Tuesday here on the Powder Keg Podcast.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Connect with Jordan Wirsz
Did you enjoy this conversation? Thank Jordan on Twitter!
If you enjoyed this session and have 3 seconds to spare, let Jordan know via Twitter by clicking on the link below:
What stood out most to you about what Jordan shares in this podcast?
For me, it’s the importance of “recharging” every now and again.
You? Leave a comment below.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
To download the PDF file for the full transcript of this podcast, please use the link below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes incredibly! Thank you so much!