I make a living starting and growing tech businesses. My company (Verge) is about connecting founders, builders, and investors with each other. We provide education, resources, networks, and live events to help make starting a company outside of Silicon Valley easier for all of us. Of course, Valley residents are welcome to learn and contribute, too 🙂
This isn’t for posers or “wannabees.” It’s for people who are growing tech companies or investing in them. So if you’re building a startup (or “want to be”), welcome to our site. We have a lot of resources here that will help you and I hope you’ll enjoy being a part of “Verge Nation” as much as I do.
When I started my first company 8 years ago, I just wanted to find a better way to earn a living. I was living in small-town Indiana selling vacuum cleaners door to door and I was willing to do whatever it took to get out of that situation.
I read every book on business and finance I could get my hands on and I participated in every business conference and networking event I could get to, even if that meant catching the bus when my car wasn’t working.
Eventually I started my first business and sold it. Then I started a few more—some successful, and others not so much. One thing I learned through the whole process though? There’s a lot of noise.
There’s a lot of people talking about “changing the world,” “creating wealth,” and “living the good life.” There’s tons of talk, lots of hype, but not a whole lot of action. I knew I couldn’t be the only one who was tired of all the noise. I just wanted to be part of a community that helped each other become better entrepreneurs and didn’t just talk about it.
So I started Verge…
As it’s grown I’ve found a lot of people with the same passion and we’ve built a team (and tools) around it to make it easier than ever for entrepreneurs to create cool stuff that matters. Building a meaningful business or product is tough. Verge is here to make the process easier.
HOW VERGE HELPS
Verge is about entrepreneurs, investors, and founders getting better together. Verge helps you become more successful because it’s filled with people who have “been there and done that” (and are still “going and doing it” too).
You don’t have to be in Silicon Valley or even a big city to build something meaningful. In fact, most of us don’t even live on the coasts. We’re just building our businesses in places we call home and loving it…
Here are just a few success stories from over the years:
- Expected Behavior grows from a 2-founder software consultancy to a 10-person team with several profitable SaaS products, including DocRaptor, Gauges, and Instrumental App.
- MyJibe launches it’s personal finance software at a Verge event and is acquired by Money Desktop less than a year later.
- Octiv finds validation for its online proposal software after pitching at Verge. Since then, Octiv has grown to more than 60 employees with clients like Gannett, Angie’s List, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- SmarterHQ Remarketer pitches for seed funding, gets their $2 million, then grows into a $7 million investment led by Battery Ventures. All together, Smarter Remarketer has raised more than $21 million in funding.
When you join Verge (it’s free), we’ll connect you with other motivated entrepreneurs and get you the resources you need to reach your next big goal.
And the next one.
And the next one.
And…you get the idea.
We’ve hosted hundreds of live events all over the U.S. and we’ve seen thousands of entrepreneurs come to Verge to seek validation, celebrate learning, and have lots of fun in the process.
If this sounds like your type of community, toss your email address in the form below and I’ll send you some of our top notch resources to get you started. You won’t get any hard sells or phony guru promises from me either– just real life tangible help that will get where you want to be as an entrepreneur.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I can’t wait to see what we can do together.
To Your Success,
Build Your Business with Verge ®
Sign up for Free below and get cool stuff each week on:
- How to Launch Your Product (and make an impact)
- How to Build a Sales Machine (to gain lasting clients)
- How to Win in Your Industry (because winning is fun)